Bulls SG Prospects for Dec. 9th Trade/Free Agency/Amnesty
These are the players most likely to be available, but the only problem is which one is going to be willing to take a pay cut to play for no more than 5 million?? Yup, 5 million is what they’re working with to get a wingman for Rose. So get Dwight Howard off the brain cause that’s NEVER going to happen.
This is what the Bulls are looking at (And not really seeing what the Bulls have to spend)
1. Marcus Thornton (Restricted) - Possible, but unlikely. Teams are going to offer him more because last year he averaged 20 points per game when he started. The kid is good, and at 24, would be great for the team.
2. Arron Afflalo (Restricted) - Another possible, but also unlikely. Denver looks like they’ll be offering him more money in order for him to stay, and the Bulls don’t have enough to match any offer over 5 million.
3. Jason Richardson (Free Agent) - Best bargain and most likely to take the pay cut, and he might qualify for MLE. At 30 yrs old, his defense is not the greatest, but he’s a great offensive threat. He’s even went on record saying that he’ll take a pay cut in order to play for a title contender. 10 million to 5 million a year. That’s what he’s looking at.
4. Shannon Brown (Free Agent) - I really like him, and he’s the one player that a lot of Bulls fans want to see join the team. He started out with the Bulls, and seems fitting that he comes back. Seeing how he’s testing out free agency, I see him wanting to go to the bulls. The Lakers were paying him about 2 million to back up Kobe, but will he take 5 million, in return for being a starter for a title contender? We’ll see. He’s super athletic and explosive. Like I said, I like him. The only thing that worries me is his 6’4 height. That’s a pretty small backcourt.
5. Rip Hamilton (Amnesty) - Who knows with Rip to be honest. He’s not doing much in Detroit, and I believe he wants a title before his career is over, but he just seems
6. Jamal Crawford (Free Agent) - Another player who said he would be willing to take a pay cut in order to be a title contending team. I really hope that’s true. I mean he does ask to have the ball, and could clash with Rose, but I’d rather have him than not. He’s a scoring beast.
7. Mike Miller (Amnesty) - Looks like the Heat are going to dump his contract, and if you remember last season conference finals, he’s the one that buried us. He’s a great shooter, and he most likely will play for cheap.
8. J.R. Smith (Not available till March. China) - I put his name on here as a possibility, but it’s never going to happen. He’s too good of a player and other teams are going to offer him a lot more than what the Bulls can offer him
9. Nick Young (Restricted) - Another player I really like and is at a young age, but like Affalo, I don’t really see the Wizards letting him go cheap. I’m gonna go ahead and say we’re not going to be able to match an offer.
10. Brandon Roy (Amnesty) - I really like him, but his knees are a little suspect. Can he handle a full 82 game season, let alone a contracted 66 game one?? He’s one of the names that the Bulls actually have a possibility of getting. I’m not complaining, just worried.
11. Courtney Lee (Trade) - I like him as a player, and I think he can produce a lot for the team, but the Rockets want Taj or Omer for him. I don’t know if the Bulls want to do that. He’s an explosive player, with a lot of defense. He doesn’t have the points per game average you want to see, but what do you expect with limited playing time in Houston??
12. O.J. Mayo (Trade) - I’m on the fence with Mayo. The only way the Bulls are going to get him is with a trade as well. I just don’t see the Bulls really trading Taj or Amir to be honest. Maybe the Bulls will try to work a trade with Brewer, but who knows?
13. Vince Carter (Free Agent) - We saw what he’s still capable of in Pheonix. At his age, I’m sure he’s willing to take a pay cut, in order to have a chance to get an championship. He still has that “take over” power when he wants to have it.
14. Grant Hill (Free Agent) - I love Hill, but 39?? Yeah, he’s never been more healthy, but still kinda worries me. Besides, I would love to see a far younger player to play with rose over the next 4 years. That’s the only problem I have with Hill. He’s an amazing scorer, and proved that he still has plenty left in the tank even at his age.
15. T-Mac - I don’t like him period. He’s going to play for cheap, but I’m not sure if I want his selfishness disrupting the team chemistry for the Bulls. I’m not saying the Bulls won’t get him, I just hope they don’t.
That’s pretty much what we’re looking at.
As far as the Bulls roster..
Derrick Rose - Reigning MVP. He’s gonna get the 30% of the teams salary for sure in his extension
Joakim Noah - He’s already under contract, and he’s basically Rose’s brother.
Carlos Boozer - I know what everyone is probably hoping that the Bulls use the Amnesty Clause with the dude because of his poor performance last year, but he’s here to stay from what I’ve read. Besides, they’re going to need that clause in 2014-2015 season for sure because of the salary cap.
Luol Deng - Under contract for the next 3 years, he’s not going anywhere.
Keith Bogans - Gone. The Bulls have the option of picking up his 2nd year, but that 1 million can go towards getting someone better. I see him gone next season.
Taj Gibson - Staying. With those 2 dunks against the heat, and with his energy, he’s definitely staying. They love him and Omer together. They did amazing last year in the playoffs and refused to trade him last year.
Omer Asik - Staying. They love him, and he’s an incredible player for what they are paying him.
Kyle Korver - Staying. I know he didn’t produce much, but he’s still a lethal shooter when he’s on it. I don’t see him going anywhere, even though his defense is horrible, but thats what help defense is for.
Ronnie Brewer - Staying, but he’s up for a trade if possible. I like him over Keith, and who knows what he could have done if he was a starter, but with him and Bogans COMBINING for only 10 points per game, he’s up for trade options.
C.J. Watson - Staying. It took a lot for him to change his position. He’s used to being a SG and not the PG, and he did a good job with the transition. He’s only going to get better with time.
Kurt Thomas - Might go to the Knicks, but REALLY wants to stay on the Bulls from what his agent is saying. Probably my most favorite Bull. At 40 yrs old, he did an AMAZING job. He’s their enforcer, the bad guy you need on your team. I would love to see him come back.
Brian Scalabrine - Hahahha.. I know how much people love him, but I’m almost positive he’s going to be gone. I don’t know the stats on him, but I believe he played a grand total of 2 minutes the whole season.
Rasual Butler - I’m positive they’re going to pass on signing him again. I really wish they gave him a shot last year, instead of putting him in with Salabrine at the end of games. I think he’s a really good player and could give them what they need, scoring wise. If you did see him play, you could see that he’s offensive threat. I haven’t read anything on him, but he was a last minute add to the roster for the remaining of last season, but who knows.
Worse comes to worst, the Bulls won’t do anything and just run with last years roster. Let’s hope not though. They need a 2, BAD!
Four days ago Alex released a totally badass new tune called Caroline which you can dig here, but as it’s at the top of Hypem I figured I’d try to dig a little deeper. He’s someone to pay attention to; his album boasts the touch of Switch and Diplo, and he briefly dated Amy Winehouse (that’s for reference, not a statement of value). Anyway, this Prince cover is one of the more unique takes on one of my favorite songs; ready-made for that modern lounge you’re headed to later this evening.